U.S. Exchange Programs Alumni Projects
American Center Support Program For Alumni Projects 2021-2022
The American Center in Moscow is pleased to announce a new opportunity for alumni of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs. The American Center Support Program for Alumni Projects provides financial support to individuals, teams, or organizations to carry out public service projects that utilize skills and knowledge they have gained through their exchange experiences. Proposed projects must address one of the themes below and meet the American Center program goals. The applicants do not necessarily need to reside in Moscow and can implement projects under American Center overall guidance in their home regions. Creativity is encouraged!
Rules of Application
- December 2021-January 2022: Alumni can begin submitting proposals and budgets. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- January 31, 2022: Alumni proposals and budgets due by 20:00 Moscow time.
- February 2022: Winning projects announced – individual notifications are sent by email.
- September 30, 2022: Projects should be implemented and completed.
Priority Program Areas
Projects must address one or more of the following themes and can be organized in a virtual or hybrid format:
- English teaching and learning (Youth and Adults)
- Cultural and professional exchanges between the US and Russia
- Innovation, S.T.E.A.M. and the Maker Movement
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Business and entrepreneurship
Role of the American Center
Projects must involve the American Center in one or more of the following ways:
- American Center virtual platform is used as a venue for implementing workshops and other public outreach programs.
- The program is implemented at a regional venue under American Center in Moscow guidance using AMC logo and marketing materials.
- American Center is used as a source of information for completing projects (the American Center offers a wide range of print and electronic resources).
- As a backdrop for visual content/digital storytelling created by the project.
- Project proposals may be submitted in English.
- Award amounts are between $300 and $1500.
Proposals will be evaluated based on the following criteria:
- Creativity and innovation
- The relevance of the project to key themes
- Projected impact of the project
- Degree of alumni involvement
- Degree of American Center involvement
Alumni Projects From the Previous Years
I'm your personal assistant and I'll help you find what you’re looking for at the American Center. We have "AMC Online | Managing Finances and Resources - Entrepreneurship in English Language Teaching Series" on 8 February (on Wednesday). Would you like to visit it?