American Center Support Program for Alumni Projects 2019-2020
The U.S. Embassy, in partnership with the American Center in Moscow, is pleased to announce a new opportunity for alumni of U.S. government-sponsored exchange programs. The American Center Support Program for Alumni Projects provides financial support to individuals, teams, or organizations to carry out public service projects that utilize skills and knowledge they have gained through their exchange experiences. Proposed projects must address one of the themes below and meet the American Center program goals. The applicants do not necessarily need to reside in Moscow and can implement projects under American Center overall guidance in their home regions. Creativity is encouraged!
- August 2019: American Center Support Program Announcement. Alumni can begin submitting proposals and budgets. Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Friday, October 18, 2019: Alumni proposals and budgets due by 18:00 Moscow time.
- November 2019: Winning projects announced.
- Friday, April 17, 2020: Projects should be implemented and completed.
Priority Program Areas
Projects must address one or more of the following themes:
- English teaching and learning (Youth and Adults)
- Building long-term U.S.-Russian ties through educational, cultural, and professional exchanges and interactions between our two countries
- Innovation, new technology and the Maker Movement
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Business and entrepreneurship
- Media literacy and the new media skills
- Virtual programs with the U.S. partner-institutions
Role of American Center
Projects must involve the American Center in one or more of the following ways:
- American Center is used as a venue for implementing workshops and other public outreach programs.
- The program is implemented at a regional venue under American Center in Moscow guidance using AMC logo and marketing materials.
- American Center is used as a source of information for completing projects (the American Center offers a wide range of print and electronic resources).
- As a backdrop for visual content/digital storytelling created by the project.
- Project proposals may be submitted in English or Russian.
- Award amounts are between $300 and $1500.
Proposals will be evaluated by members of the Public Affairs Section and American Center at the U.S. Embassy in Moscow based on the following criteria:
- Creativity and innovation
- Relevance of the project to key themes
- Projected impact of the project
- Degree of alumni involvement
- Degree of American Center involvement
2019-2020 Application Form
I'm your personal assistant and I'll help you find what you’re looking for at the American Center. We have "Английский по фильмам (для детей и подростков)" on 14 November (on Thursday). Would you like to visit it?