As an English teacher, you know that studying vocabulary words is one thing—and using them in conversation is another! Activate Your English: Advanced-Level English Club for English Teachers with English Language Specialist Anne Damiecka is a free club for advanced-level English language teachers that is designed to boost your vocabulary and raise your level of English through working on different language skills and using authentic materials. If you are an English teacher looking to fine-tune your English language skills, join a new season of this program every Thursday between March 30 and June 22 at 5:30-7:00 p.m. MSK.
About: Sessions of this advanced-level club, facilitated by an American English Language specialist, will provide you with an opportunity to engage with different current, thought-provoking topics each week as you deepen your language skills.
Open to: This club is open to all English language instructors, as well as curriculum designers, teacher-trainers, school leaders, and students pursuing a degree in TESOL. It is perfect for English language instructors interested in maintaining or refreshing their language.
Where and when: These sessions are free and take place online via Zoom every working Thursday from March 30, 2023, through June 22, 2023, at 5:30-7:00 p.m. MSK. Register by filling out the registration form at the end of this announcement.
Schedule of sessions:
- Session 1: Thursday, March 30 at 5:30-7:00 p.m. MSK: Happiness
- Session 2: Thursday, April 6 at 5:30-7:00 p.m. MSK: Small Talk
- Session 3: Thursday, April 13 at 5:30-7:00 p.m. MSK: First Impressions
- Session 4: Thursday, April 20 at 5:30-7:00 p.m. MSK: Quiet Quitting
- Session 5: Thursday, April 27 at 5:30-7:00 p.m. MSK: Artifical Intelligence (AI)
- Session 6: Thursday, May 4 at 5:30-7:00 p.m. MSK: Language and the Mind
- Session 7: Thursday, May 11 at 5:30-7:00 p.m. MSK: Art and Technology
- Session 8: Thursday, May 18 at 5:30-7:00 p.m. MSK: Awkward
- Session 9: Thursday, May 25 at 5:30-7:00 p.m. MSK: Biomimicry and Design
- Session 10: Thursday, June 1 at 5:30-7:00 p.m. MSK: Music and the Brain
- Session 11: Thursday, June 8 at 5:30-7:00 p.m. MSK: Conversation Strategies
- Session 12: Thursday, June 15 at 5:30-7:00 p.m. MSK
- Session 13: Thursday, June 22 at 5:30-7:00 p.m. MSK
How to join: Register to attend sessions of this club by filling out the registration form at the end of this announcement. We will send you emails with a join link for each session 30 minutes before it begins. Participation is free. To register for all sessions, fill out the form below only once: you will automatically be registered for all the sessions in the series. Please note that the number of places in each session is limited and is only open to teachers of English.
About the facilitator: Virtual English language Specialist Anne Damiecka
Anne Damiecka lives in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and teaches at Grand Rapids Community College and the Literacy Center of West Michigan. A native of Indiana, USA, Anne taught English in Poland from 2002 – 2006, and later moved to Texas, where she was Professor of ESOL at Lone Star College from 2010-2022. She has a master’s degree in Applied Linguistics from the University of Surrey, UK. Outside of work, Anne enjoys camping, yoga, and competing in triathlons.
ALL AMERICAN CENTER IN MOSCOW EVENTS ARE FREE OF CHARGE / ВСЕ МЕРОПРИЯТИЯ АМЕРИКАНСКОГО ЦЕНТРА В МОСКВЕ БЕСПЛАТНЫ
The sessions of this program are hosted on Zoom, so if you are interested in joining, please create a Zoom account beforehand. When registering below, please submit your valid email address to receive a link to each Zoom meeting 30 minutes before it begins.