AMC Online | Creating Community Online
The American Center in Moscow invites English language teachers to join a series of online viewing sessions of the “American English Live: Teacher Development Series 10” webcasts. These viewing sessions will be conducted on Zoom and will be followed by a discussion.
The six online seminars of the series cover the topics related to making the transition to online and hybrid classrooms and are intended for teachers of English or future teachers of English around the world. The participants who attend 4 out of 6 online viewing and discussion sessions hosted by the American Center in Moscow on Zoom will earn a e-certificate from the Regional English Language Office. The viewing sessions take place every other Wednesday from January 27 to April 7, 2021.
Topics and schedule of viewing sessions, click on the links to sign up:
- January 27, 2021 at 4:00-5:30 pm MSK — Unleashing Your True Teaching Power: Interaction in Online Teaching Environments by Shane Dixon
- February 10, 2021 at 4:00-5:30 pm MSK — Creating Community Online by Heather Gaddis
- February 24, 2021 at 4:00-5:30 pm MSK — Tips and Activities for Creating a Communicative EFL Classroom Using Online Meeting Software by Lea Gabay and Kelly Vassar
- March 10, 2021 at 4:00-5:30 pm MSK — Increasing Student Talk Time in the Online Classroom by Christine Esche
- March 24, 2021 at 3:00-4:30 pm MSK — Differentiating Instruction (online!) for Equity in Learning by Chloe Bellows
- April 7, 2021 at 3:00-4:30 pm MSK — Effective Assessment Practices for Synchronous & Asynchronous Learning in an Online Environment by Kendra Staley
Those who cannot join the viewing sessions hosted online by the American Center, can join the sessions independently by viewing the live posts at the above times at American English for Educators Facebook page. Online participants are also encouraged to register to join the associated Ning, http://americanenglishwebinars.com, to participate in discussions, view related materials, and find recordings. At the end of each event, online participants will have the opportunity to earn a digital badge that verifies their participation.
This viewing and discussion session is hosted on Zoom, so if you are interested in joining, please create a Zoom account beforehand. When registering below, please submit your valid email address to receive a link to the class Zoom meeting 30 minutes before the session begins.
#workshop #english #teaching #esl
Американский центр в Москве
Я твой личный помощник и я помогу тебе узнать о подходящих для тебя возможностях Американского Центра. В четверг (11 августа) у нас состоится "AMC Online | Debate Club for Teenagers". Ты хочешь пойти?