AMC Online | Teacher Development Series — Motivating with Gamification: Benefits and Cautions
The American Center in Moscow invites pre-service and in-service English language teachers to join a series of online viewing sessions of the “American English Live: Teacher Development Series 11” webcasts on Tuesday, May 11 and then every other Wednesday through July 14, 2021. These viewing sessions will be conducted by AMC on Zoom and will be followed by a discussion.
The six free professional development online seminars of the series cover topics related to classroom management for in-person, online, or hybrid courses and to innovative approaches to teaching grammar.
The participants who attend 4 out of 6 online viewing and discussion sessions hosted by the American Center in Moscow on Zoom will earn an e-certificate from the Regional English Language Office. The viewing sessions take place on Tuesday, May 11 and then every other Wednesday through July 14, 2021 at 15:00-16:30 MSK.
Here are the dates and topics of viewing sessions – click on the links to sign up:
- May 11, 2021 at 15:00-16:30 MSK — “Look Away from the Screen”: Making Online Learning Three-Dimensional by Anna Ciriani-Dean
- May 19, 2021 at 15:00-16:30 MSK — Motivating with Gamification: Benefits and Cautions by Deborah Healey
- June 2, 2021 at 15:00-16:30 MSK — Beyond “Turn and Talk”: Planning Productive Conversations for Learning and Instruction in ELT by Amber Warren and Natalia Ward
- June 16, 2021 at 15:00-16:30 MSK — Adventures in Grammar: The Power of Stories by Christopher Stillwell
- June 30, 2021 at 15:00-16:30 MSK — The Art of the Running Dictation by Jacqueline Peterson
- July 14, 2021 at 15:00-16:30 MSK — American English Resources for Virtual or Face-to-face Grammar Instruction by Ellana Black
Those who cannot join the viewing sessions hosted online by the American Center, can join the sessions independently by viewing the live posts at the above times at American English for Educators Facebook page. Online participants are also encouraged to register to join the associated Ning, http://americanenglishwebinars.com, to participate in discussions, view related materials, and find recordings. At the end of each event, online participants will have the opportunity to earn a digital badge that verifies their participation.
This viewing and discussion session is hosted on Zoom, so if you are interested in joining, please create a Zoom account beforehand. When registering below, please submit your valid email address to receive a link to the class Zoom meeting 30 minutes before the session begins.
#workshop #english #teaching #esl
Американский центр в Москве
Я твой личный помощник и я помогу тебе узнать о подходящих для тебя возможностях Американского Центра. В четверг (6 октября) у нас состоится "AMC Online | Teacher Development Series -- Implementing Peer Assessment in Project-Based Learning". Ты хочешь пойти?