AMC Online | Teacher Development Series — Skim, Scan, Run! An Active Approach to Developing Reading Macroskills
The American Center in Moscow invites pre-service and in-service English language teachers to join a series of online viewing sessions of the “American English Live: Teacher Development Series 13” webcasts every other Wednesday from January 19, 2022 through March 30, 2022. These viewing sessions will be conducted by the American Center in Moscow on Zoom and will be followed by a discussion.
American English Live Series 13 — six free professional development webinars for English language teachers around the world—begins on January 19, 2022 and is celebrating 60 years of English Teaching Forum with webinars by Forum authors! The webinars will examine topics including Reading, Storytelling, and Supporting Students with Learning Disabilities.
The participants who attend 4 out of 6 online viewing and discussion sessions hosted by the American Center in Moscow on Zoom will earn an e-certificate from the Regional English Language Office. The viewing sessions take place every other Wednesday from January 19, 2022 through March 30, 2022. You can sign up for each session by clicking the links below.
On January 19 at 16:00 MSK, during the first session in American English Live Series 13, «Skim, Scan, Run! An Active Approach to Developing Reading Macroskills,» Kevin McCaughey and Heather Benucci will share a dynamic way to get students out of their seats—in both virtual and face-to-face settings—as they collaborate and communicate with classmates during a reading race that involves a variety of texts. Information about English Teaching Forum’s 60th anniversary celebration will be shared, too!
Here are the dates and topics of all viewing sessions – click on the links to sign up:
- January 19, 2022 at 16:00-17:30 MSK — «Skim, Scan, Run! An Active Approach to Developing Reading Macroskills» by Kevin McCaughey and Heather Benucci
- February 2, 2022 at 16:00-17:30 MSK —— «Cultural Introductions by Way of Storytelling» by Matthew Jellick
- February 16, 2022 at 16:00-17:30 MSK —— «Effective e-reading: Helping Students Stay on Task While Reading Online» by Nicole Brun-Mercer
- March 2, 2022 at 16:00-17:30 MSK —— «Task-Based Reading Activities Using Authentic Materials and Skills» by Mina Gavell
- March 16, 2022 at 15:00-16:30 MSK — «‘What was it about?’ Supporting Text Retelling & Response» by Lottie Baker
- March 30, 2022 at 15:00-16:30 MSK — «Accommodating Learning Disabilities in the English Language Classroom» by Jimalee Sowell
Those who cannot join the viewing sessions hosted online by the American Center, can join the sessions independently by viewing the live posts at the above times at American English for Educators Facebook page. At the end of each event, online participants will have the opportunity to earn a digital badge that verifies their participation.
This viewing and discussion session is hosted on Zoom, so if you are interested in joining, please create a Zoom account beforehand. When registering below, please submit your valid email address to receive a link to the class Zoom meeting 30 minutes before the session begins.
#workshop #english #teaching #esl #tesol
Американский центр в Москве
Я твой личный помощник и я помогу тебе узнать о подходящих для тебя возможностях Американского Центра. Во вторник (5 июля) у нас состоится "AMC Online | Teacher2Teacher Series". Ты хочешь пойти?