American English Live Webcast: Using Task-based Language Teaching to Design Grammar-focused Communication Tasks
The American Center in Moscow invites English language teachers to join a series of viewing groups of the “American English Live: Teacher Development Series 6” webcasts at the American Center.
Join the third viewing group on October 2nd. During this webinar, “Task-Based Language Teaching for Designing Grammar-Focused Communicative Activities,” Jamila Barton will explain how to plan adaptable, grammar-focused communicative tasks using Task-Based Language Teaching (TBLT) principles. The participants of the viewing group will find answers to such questions as What are some differences between «tasks» and «activities» in the ELT classroom? How does what students do and the final outcome differ in each?
The six online seminars of the series cover a variety of topics intended for teachers of English or future teachers of English around the world. The participants who attend 4 out of 6 viewing group sessions at the American Center in Moscow will earn a certificate which they will be awarded at the award ceremony following the November 13 event. The webcasts and viewing groups take place every other Wednesday from September 4 to November 13, 2019.
Topics and schedule of viewing group sessions at the American Center in Moscow:
- Wednesday, September 4 at 3:00-4:00 pm: Developing 21st-Century Skills in the English Language Classroom by Heather Benucci
- Wednesday, September 18 at 3:00-4:00 pm: Technology Enhanced Task Engagement by Joy Egbert
- Wednesday, October 2 at 3:00-4:00 pm: Using Task-based Language Teaching to Design Grammar-focused Communication Tasks by Jamila Barton
- Wednesday, October 16 at 3:00-4:00 pm: Developing Grammar Proficiency through Communicative Games by Nancy Ackles
- Wednesday, October 30 at 3:00-4:00 pm: Strategies to Enhance Your TESOL Methodology by Tabitha Kidwell
- Wednesday, November 13 at 4:00-5:00 pm: Student-centered Speaking Activities to Increase Fluency and Accuracy by Julie Vorholt
Those who cannot join the viewing groups at the American Center, can join the sessions by viewing the live posts at the above times at American English for Educators Facebook page. Online participants are also encouraged to register to join the associated Ning, http://americanenglishwebinars.com, to participate in discussions, view related materials, and find recordings. At the end of each event, online participants will have the opportunity to earn a digital badge that verifies their participation.
#workshop #teachers_english #learn_english
Москва, Новинский бульвар, 21
Американский центр в Москве
Я твой личный помощник и я помогу тебе узнать о подходящих для тебя возможностях Американского Центра. В среду (2 февраля) у нас состоится "AMC Online | Teacher Development Series -- Cultural Introductions by Way of Storytelling". Ты хочешь пойти?