The American Center in Moscow invites pre-service and in-service English language teachers to join a series of online viewing sessions of the “American English Live: Teacher Development Series 17” webcasts every other Thursday from May 18, 2023, through July 27, 2023, at 11 a.m. MSK and 4 p.m. MSK.
These sessions are held on Zoom and include viewing a webcast and a follow-up discussion of the webcast. At the end of each webinar, participants can complete a short quiz to earn a digital participation badge. Additionally, participants who attend 4 out of 6 online viewing and discussion sessions can earn an e-certificate.
During American English Live Series 17 — six free professional development webinars for English language teachers around the world — we’ll explore how to develop critical thinking skills in the first two webinars, and the remaining sessions will enhance your knowledge about inclusive teaching practices.
The participants who attend 4 out of 6 online viewing and discussion sessions hosted by the American Center in Moscow on Zoom will earn an e-certificate from the Regional English Language Office. To qualify for an e-certificate, you need to attend sessions of 4 out of 6 webinars on Zoom and fill out an attendance form during each session. The viewing sessions take place every other Thursday from May 18, 2023, through July 27, 2023. You can sign up for each session by clicking the links below.
On June 15, during the session “Building and Sustaining a Culture of Belonging,” Lindsay Lyons will explore activities to build student-student and teacher-student relationships within a language class setting that affirms students’ identities and improves students’ sense of belonging.
Find pre-webinar discussion questions (before the webinar) and webinar materials (after the webinar) here.
Here are the dates and topics of all viewing sessions of Series 17 — click on the links to sign up:
- May 18, 2023, at 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. MSK or 4:00-5:30 p.m. MSK — “Four Reading Tasks to Promote Critical Thinking” with Jeremy Beal
- June 1, 2023, at 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. MSK or 4:00-5:30 p.m. MSK — “Using Visible Thinking Routines in the Language Classroom” with Stephanie Bolaños
- June 15, 2023, at 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. MSK or 4:00-5:30 p.m. MSK — “Building and Sustaining a Culture of Belonging” with Lindsay Lyons
- June 29, 2023, at 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. MSK or 4:00-5:30 p.m. MSK — “Plurilingualism and Translanguaging Strategies for Language Teachers and Students” with Chris Hastings
- July 13, 2023, at 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. MSK or 4:00-5:30 p.m. MSK — “Starting the Year as a Culturally Responsive Language Classroom” with Lauren Anderson
- July 27, 2023, at 11:00 a.m.-12:30 p.m. MSK or 4:00-5:30 p.m. MSK — “Open Educational Resources for English Language Teaching (OERs for ELT)” with Kendra Staley
ALL AMERICAN CENTER IN MOSCOW EVENTS ARE FREE OF CHARGE / ВСЕ МЕРОПРИЯТИЯ АМЕРИКАНСКОГО ЦЕНТРА В МОСКВЕ БЕСПЛАТНЫ
This viewing and discussion session is hosted on Zoom, so if you are interested in joining, please create a Zoom account beforehand. When registering below, please submit your valid email address to receive a link to the class Zoom meeting 30 minutes before the session begins.
To join other AMC Online programs, please check the American Center’s website and TimePad calendars.
#workshop #teaching #english #esl #tesol