The American Center in Moscow invites pre-service and in-service English language teachers to join a series of online viewing sessions of the “American English Live: Teacher Development Series 18” webcasts every other Thursday from September 7, 2023, through November 16, 2023, at 11 a.m. MSK.
These sessions are held on Zoom and include viewing a webcast and a follow-up self-moderated discussion of the webcast.
The six online seminars of the series will cover a variety of topics intended for teachers of English or future teachers of English around the world.
Session Schedule & Topics:
- September 7: AE Live 18.1: “Improve Student Communication by Developing Social Emotional Skills” by Laura Leslie
- September 21: AE Live 18.2: “Exploring Hope Theory and Social Emotional Learning Concepts through CLIL” by Donita Grissom
- October 5: AE Live 18.3: “Critical Thinking in the EFL Classroom: Engaging and Empowering Students” by Serena Chu-Mraz
- October 19: AE Live 18.4: “Thinking Critically about Illustrations” by Hema Ramanathan
- November 2: AE Live 18.5: “I wonder… Activities that Teach Young Learners to Think Critically” by Adrienne Johnson
- November 16: AE Live 18.6: “Metacognition: Empowering Students to Monitor and Evaluate their Learning” by Dorea Jackson
Earn an e-certificate from the Regional English Language Office!
To qualify for an e-certificate, you need to attend at least 4 Zoom sessions and fill out an attendance form during each session.
ALL AMERICAN CENTER IN MOSCOW EVENTS ARE FREE OF CHARGE / ВСЕ МЕРОПРИЯТИЯ АМЕРИКАНСКОГО ЦЕНТРА В МОСКВЕ БЕСПЛАТНЫ
This viewing and discussion session is hosted on Zoom, so if you are interested in joining, please create a Zoom account beforehand. When registering below, please submit your valid email address to receive a link to the class Zoom meeting 30 minutes before the session begins.
#workshop #teaching #english #esl #tesol