American Center at the U.S. Embassy in Moscow
Novinsky Bulvar, 21, Moscow, Russia
(Entrance on the left-hand side of the building, through the American Citizen Services Archway)
Tel: +7 (495) 728-5243
e-mail: [email protected]
Hours of Operation:
Mondays and Thursdays
12p.m. to 4:30p.m.
Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Fridays
12p.m. to 7:30p.m.
– – –
All visitors are welcome at American Center during operating hours.
Admission is always free of charge.
General Access Rules
To enter the American Center, all persons aged 14 and older must present a government-issued photo ID (such as passport or driver’s license) to the guards. ** Children younger than 14 years old do not need ID, however they must be accompanied by a parent or a guardian.
As a courtesy, please register for events in advance. (If you cannot complete registration for whatever reason, you are still welcome to attend.)
Groups larger than 12 people may visit the American Center during general public hours, but we ask that you notify us at least 24 hours in advance at [email protected]
All visitors and their belongings will be subject to screening by Embassy security personnel.
Please note that the following items are permitted:
- Cell phones (make sure that Bluetooth is switched off)*
- Personal items such as a purse, briefcase, handbag, shoulder bag
- Non-alcoholic drinks such as water or coffee
* Note that cell phones are not permitted for large events in the Consular Waiting Hall.
The following items will not be allowed into the American Center:
- Cameras, computers, tablets, USB drives, cables or other electronic equipment
- Flammable items (including perfume and other sprays) are prohibited.
- Weapons or sharp pointed objects that could cause injuries, such as knives, razors, scissors with blades of more than 6 cm, screwdrivers, etc.
- Alcoholic or hazardous liquids
- Bicycles or scooters
* This list is not exhaustive. Other items may be prohibited at the discretion of security staff.
* Prohibited items will not be stored by Embassy personnel.